
Making friends.
Sounds easy, as if you can conjure your own friends out of thin air and mould them the way you want them to be. But of course it's not like that.
Throughout life, I made friends everywhere: at school, at home,summer camps... Sometimes it's easy, sometimes I am too shy or too choosy, but at the end of the day, I have this wonderful group of friends that I wouldn't trade for the world.
I have always wondered how friends are made. Not with sugar, spice, and everything nice, obviously. Maybe there's a certain je ne sais quoi about the person which made you click with them instantly, or gradually, depending on the situation.
I used to have this wonderful friend, whom I've known for a long time and we understand each other better than anyone else in this world. We were always together, which sometimes prevented me from hanging out with others for fear of my friend feeling neglected. We stayed together until the time comes for us to go our own separate ways. Never before have I felt sooo miserable at losing a friend, but nothing could be done. So for the past few months I learnt to accept it.
Tears of loss were replaced by joyous laughter when other friends, whom I've ignored all this while for the sake of my Numero Uno Amigo, came into my life and decided to stay. Wonderful times lie ahead with this new circle of friends, and I am grateful for this.
I've learnt that sometimes rubies are lost to make way for diamonds.
No comments:
Post a Comment
now it's your turn to talk.