You know, some people have been asking me what is the meaning of Sofia @ Piah's last line in
my story. Well. When readers don't get what you mean, that's one of the first signs of a
terrrrible writer. Hmm...forgive me, saye budak baru belajar~~
So here goes. The line "Opah, it seems like we can't have one without the other,"
refers back to Opah's dialogue when she said "I don't have to have another appliance when I
already have one."
Obviously, it also refers to the fact that you can't use the mortar without the pestle, and you
can't use the blender without electricity, hence the title of my story (I changed it banyak
kali..huhu...finally I used Alia's idea...u came up with a gud one, thanx so much bebeh~)
And, it also means that Sofia can't be what she is today (beautiful, sophisticated, etc) without her
grandmother, be it biologically or sebab Opah dia yang didik dia dari kecik...so that's the
meaning of "you can't have one without the other" according to what I wrote.
Okay, so other bloopers. Why didn't anyone realize I made this mistake? I said Opah was
"rushing to the window" and Sofia followed her, so after that, at the end of the story, I said
"Opah led me inside"...hello?? they ARE inside! hahaa! I know I can make a lot of mistakes but
nobody realizes that, huh? (Except maybe for my Creative Writing lecturer...he can spot a
misspelled word from miles away...let alone a huge mistake like this).
Okay, so I hope everyone enjoyed the story. I promise I'll have many more and I hope I'll
improve my creative writing skills by doing so.
Thanx for all the support!
No comments:
Post a Comment
now it's your turn to talk.